This week zero, zip, nada was completed.

We both had high hopes the first day of the week. A lot was hanging in the balance with that final inspection. With plans to move dashed for the moment by a negative report, the past two days have given a peek into how long this process might take. 

On June 8th it will be 18 months since the fire. It seems like a very long time. We have been in the little in-town house for just over a year. Once in a great while it feels like home. Not every day, but once in a while. As we work on the property out east, I notice things here that need to be repaired or changed.

The getting up and being out east by 7am is not as bad as I envisioned most days. Then there are the other days... This morning I get a break, sort of. With appointments looming and items being needed for out east, oh and a wedding to attend, I didn't head right out.

Usually if I need to be there at 7 in the morning I load the car the night before. That allows me to gauge what can go and how many dogs make the first trip with however many kids are going. The plan is that everything that is not needed in town will go out east. Of course it happens that I get something out there and I need it in town!

Breakfast generally is had in town with lunch and dinner being out east. Doesn't always work out but life doesn't always go the way you would like it to anyway. So we adjust and move on. With this being the fourth set of kiddos to be in our care I can safely say they are the most challenging! Their immediate response to anything we ask is "no!" and not in a nice way! Add four defiant dogs to the mix and it is a wonder that I am not banging on the door of an institution begging to be committed.

Surgery for DH is being planned in the near future and that will also halt the progress toward moving in. The pain he has been in has not allowed any of the tasks on the list to be approached. It is discouraging at best for him. When I realized the move may not happen this summer I was a bit bummed. I am torn between two homes both with their own advantages.

The garden is started but struggling. There is about 20 more plants to put in the ground or pots, plus seeds. Just not enough energy :) to get it all done. Yesterday's dinner did not get eaten so it will be dinner today. One less thing to do today. 

So here we are in limbo again waiting for things to get done without anyone doing them. Yep that's not going to work. Now to get everyone on the same page. I'll start when he returns from his treatment today. Or maybe I'll wait until the surgeon can tell him what he can do and what he shouldn't do...

Time to feed the weeds.. I mean kiddos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow