A dillar, a dollar, a ten o'clock scholar

 I feel like a ten o'clock scholar today. A quick recap of the weekend, Friday DH ran a fever, hallucinations were vivid and more frequent. His skin was very dusky in color and his lips were bluish. Pain was worse and he started having tremors or spasms call them whatever you want but he was twitching about like there was an electrical shock poking him every few seconds. So when my son-in-law arrived to pick up his kiddo he took mine also.

I requested his help to load DH into the car to go to the ER. We spent six hours in the ER at the hospital where the surgery was done only to be told they could not accommodate his level of care. At 0230 he was transported to their sister hospital. AMR arrived and tried to transfer him with stretchy sheets and no slide board, they dropped his newly operated on hip onto the rails of the gurney. Then when they arrived at the receiving hospital they dropped the whole operative leg onto the floor while moving him onto the bed from the gurney.

The new place never checked his dressing, incision or his body in general. He never received a shower, a basin and toothbrush, nor was he even offered the opportunity to get out of the bed for a stretch or walk. They didn't even know from shift to shift that he was a total hip <3 days post-op. They were giving him two heavy hitting antibiotics and didn't know why! I'll tell you why! Because I do not have dinosaurs in my kitchen!

Nope! No dino's in that closet! And that closet is a funny story. I rather appreciated the free babysitting, (thank you Medicare) I was able to accomplish so much more while he was a the "spa".  He was gone for 2 and a half days and I did more in that time than in the 2 and a half days he was home after surgery. And I did a whole lot in those days!

First day he was gone I purchased a large outside kennel for the dogs. I positioned it against the front of the house so I could just open the front door and release them. Using the house as the fourth wall makes it 10'x20'. It has worked well! I then moved all the wood fencing that was loose and stacked and covered the pieces. I tried to drive screws into loose boards but I couldn't find the correct bit for the drill. 


Since I couldn't work on the fence I put the washing machine back together and did all the piled up laundry. I figured if it broke then I would just get another one. Something had to be done we were all running out of clothes to wear. Then I rearranged our bedroom so that he would have more room to navigate with the walker. At 0100 I was trying to assemble a bedside/over the toilet commode. By 0300 I was exhausted so I laid down only to be awoken at 0500 by the youngest kiddo.



The commode was supposed to be easy but the pictures did not match the words. (monkey see not monkey read) so after I took it back apart I read the directions.



The first picture above is wrong way to build.

To be honest I am just as tired this evening so I will close and continue tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow