oh where does the time go?

 It has been three weeks since the hip surgery. A very busy 3 weeks I might add. On one hand it seems like forever and on the other it seems even longer! If I could turn back time I would and make sure all the little things that should have been done prior to surgery, were done. The most difficult things for DH to do are the things he took for granted prior to the surgery. Today we go for a follow up visit. The original post-op visit that was scheduled the day of surgery, that has been pre-empted by several other visits for minor flare-ups, is today.  He also gets the wound VAC taken off today. Hopefully this will be the end of the pain that has plagued him for years and the beginning of more activity for him.

I ordered some new equipment and I tried out the thermometer on him and this is what I got for a reading. Talk about giving me a scare


With another surgery in his future for the other hip it should be interesting to see how the surgeon feels about a timeline for it. In the meantime some of those little things need to get done. The ice and snow definitely left me concerned for how he was going to exit the house for any appointments. 

Along with the little things needed to make the house more ADA compliant there are a host of outdoor things that need attention. The most prevalent being the housing conditions for the chickens and the greenhouse for the spring plantings. Luckily the weather here can be nice during the winter at times and there may be opportunities to tend to these projects.

I wonder how people who homeschool all the time and have little homesteads manage to get it all done... Frankly, I am not able to at this point...

Maybe some of those people who homeschool don't also run tattoo operations at the kitchen table... after all the schoolwork of course.

Our mornings tend to start real early just to get a little learning in before any crises rear their ugly heads! Inevitably, something comes up.

Maybe someday I will it get all together AND remember where I put it!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow