A day to relax!

This morning everyone slept in a bit. It was relaxing even though we were all up by 0630. That was my birthday present, sleeping in. Now that DH is home we are looking forward to less running around and more progress on things around here. After his shower last night I discovered that the dressing the nurse gave me to put on the surgery site was definitely the wrong dressing! It wouldn't come off without pulling on the surgical site covering that isn't supposed to come off for 2 more weeks. So I left a message with his surgeon's post care nurse.

I just received a call back from the nurse asking if I could bring him in. Of course! This way I can get some instruction on what they want done for real. Before we leave I need to feed the chickens and gather eggs. And the usual check my garden stuff. His appointment is for 1:00 this afternoon. 

So instead of relaxing on this my birthday I shall get some "you know what" done! It is beautiful outside so it is a good day to crawl into the chicken house lol! I am ready for one I can walk into instead of crawling in.


Yep gotta crawl in there! Not even an easy feat, but I did it and got three eggs for my trouble. Definitely need a walk in coop!
Well we went to the surgeon's office and got the dressing changed. They were not happy either. Glad that is over with. A trip to the store for milk, bread and more eggs 'cuz three ain't gonna cut it! My daughter called and wanted us to stay out longer as she was compiling a surprise for my birthday so I took DH for a ride. He is not feeling well at all.

The surprise was wonderful! The girls had dug through the pictures they had and made two collage prints of a lot of the pictures that had burned in the house! They are very thoughtful... of course I was worried about DH and we left right away. At home his BP had plummeted again, 88/48, no wonder he feels lousy. What a shame I have to eat my birthday pumpkin pie all alone... MORE FOR ME!!!!

My right elbow is unhappy because when I fell off my daughter's porch last Saturday I landed on that side. Personally I thought I made an amazing "tuck and roll" move. It was a solid land along my right side. Good thing I am left-handed! 

Tomorrow I will post about the fun with the telephone appointment with his primary care guy GRRRrrrrrr! Again I am quite tired so I am closing early... oh and I have another well story. *hint- we don't have water again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow