Who is coming to visit?!

 It might really happen! This is the last full week before my mom is supposed to come and visit. Many times, over the years she has said she wants to come visit. I think this might be the year she actually shows up. Her Aunt is 102 and she has promised to come visit again for about 12 years. Of course, before that she had planned to come out to the old house. That never happened, thankfully. It was much too big to get organized in just a week!


That house was much bigger than the current house. As everything it was a work in progress. This little house is also "in progress". The list to complete by Sunday grows by the hour. DH is working on the porch railing! Yay!! He started to place the railing last summer and got about halfway. So today, he only has half the walkway and the whole porch to be done.

The kids plan on taking their fifth wheel and leaving for Oklahoma on Thursday. This will mean that they will not be here when their grandparents arrive. Today they are working on assembling the shed kit that they bought to store their belongings while they travel.

I gathered some of the eggs and I have to finish that job before I leave to get SIL for her doctor appointment.

Someone is hiding eggs in the rhubarb patch

Pretty smart!

I left a few for her to sit on


The rest of the barnyard birds are busy doing their own thing. Mama duck has the kids sunning themselves.
Fuzzy little things!
Ducks and Chickens

A pretty little doe!

Her little doe friends!

Early morning grazing on the north hill'

On some mornings the yard is a very busy place! They were not bothered by me doing the things I need to do in the morning. I never seem to tire of their visits. But then again, I am not raising a garden. If I were, they would eat it and then we would not be friends.

Time to get back to the tasks at hand. Have a great day!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow