Every other day

 I have decided my approach to visiting will be try every other day instead of everyday. It seems that every day invokes a desire to leave on my arrival. So, with every other day visits I will include one of those visits to be out of the facility, once a week that is. Necessities will be purchased and delivered without her company. Outings will be to go get an ice cream, or doctor visits, or special occasions. It stinks that it has to be this way. I cannot even say that if we had a bigger house or a separate house on the property if it would be better, because I don't have that. 

It is true we have the little mobile home that we thought was an answer to prayer, and maybe it still is. The hurdles that have to be overcome to have it be a "home" again are going to take time. Leaving her in the apartment she is in has me torn. I feel she isn't getting the attention she needs to have. Even when I worked in assisted living, I thought it was not a good thing for anyone, at least not anyone who is not easily integrated to strangers. She is not easily integrated. It is going to take a lot of searching to find the best fit for her. Unfortunately, dementia does not play well with change. It is best to find the place and then move her. Not move her to find the place.

Sunset last night was pretty

I have a mountain of tasks to address today and only today to do them. I will close and get busy with what needs to be done. It is the usual plus some extra things. I have not vacuumed in three days; pretty sure I will be able to build another dog with the shedding that goes on around here. Not to mention the bedrooms that need massive amounts of attention! I will try to get going on this today. I will work in visiting SIL later this evening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow