Kangaroo court and an unexpected phone call, and week seven begins

 Have you ever heard the term "kangaroo court"? I think most older folks have. I received a phone call yesterday from an angry person demanding that I allow her to speak to one of my children. This person then insisted she knew we held a fake court session and pretended to adopt our kiddos. She gave me an ultimatum. I had until the end of the week to allow a phone call, or she would retain a lawyer, and everyone involved would go to jail. (It was Thursday)

Now this might be a scary proposal in certain situations, in other situations this proposal of confinement, access to a library, meals served to you, ensuite... sort of, kind of like tiny house living! Okay all joking aside. This person is totally delusional. Court was real, there was a kangaroo there, but it was a TY stuffed toy, and it came home with us, a gift to the child who chose it, from the court. I was surprised to not get this call last week. Instead, it came a week after the final adoption. I have blocked her number and the number she called from, but I wonder will this go on the balance of my life. It may. There are so many things I would like to say to her, but I don't. None of it is to inflict wounds or torment her. 

I have no reason to fear her or anything legal, but I do wonder why, after so many years, she now feels a connection that, to her must be nurtured right now. She has given all the reasons that she never has reached out before this. All those reasons are still there. They have not and will not change. They all revolve around her, her rights, her anxiety, her life. Never has she mentioned the child's rights or needs. I did get the chance to ask if she ever thought about the child having anxiety or special needs. The reply was deafening, and she revoked the offer of waiting till the end of the week to contact a lawyer.

So, any time I should get a knock at the door for that vacation in a tiny place. In the meantime, we will enjoy the dusting of snow that came overnight and begins the 7th week until the new year begins. Craziness! The car is warming, and we are heading to the "Five Below" store. Everything is five dollars or below, so they say anyway.

I think there is a tiny little grinch in all of us

Hot coca is what I need today

the dusting of snow that came my way

Sad little wet dog

MINE!!! 

I remember when I enjoyed being cold

I must have been crazy. I did love going to the sled hill in the woods! Many an adventure was to be had. Now off to see the snow in town! Oh! I ate that grinch!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

This week in the rear view mirror

Three days in