The day after...

 Each year we try to make less so there isn't as much leftover. This year I saw a really good sale on plastic containers $2 for a set of 24 varying sizes, from 4ounces to a half gallon. I purchased enough to pass around to the hostess and guests so that clean up could go quickly and everyone that wanted to take food home would have containers to do so. Somehow, I still ended up with the majority of the leftovers.

The deviled eggs started out on a rough note

A bit too soupy

Boy did the grandkids and great grands grow a lot! 

I swear that boy was just a boy last summer!

SIL was in a good state for most of the day

The great granddaughter didn't sit still long enough to get any good photos, but she has gotten so much taller too. She is the little one jumping off the bar stool. She will be 5 in March, hard to believe! It was a smaller group this year as some of the "adult" grandkids didn't make it. Most did not bring their "plus 1".

The ride home for SIL was filled with nonsensical talk. Once we arrived at the facility, I took her in through the area I work in. My theory was it is less familiar, and she would be less resistant to walking through the doorway. It worked for the most part. Once we were back in memory care you could see in her face that things were recognized. When I tried to leave, she tried to follow. That was expected and went better than I thought it would.

It was nice to have her not have to be dragged back into the building. Not sure if that means she is adjusting, or if she just didn't recognize the entrance. As for the leftovers, the travelers are still here so they can help eat them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Friday... White Snow

Three days in

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!