Memorial Day weekend

 It is another holiday that has been stolen from its' original intent. At least in my eyes it has been. The meaning is not lost on some but on other it has been. Camping and barbecues have taken the place of remembrance for many. As I get up this morning it is chilly, and the wind is blowing relentlessly. The chickens have been generous the past few days on the eggs, and I have a duck that is sitting contentedly on a nest of eggs. That is unless DH kicked her out and shut the duck door. When I go out to water the trees and the rhubarb I will check.

Here it is almost June and I have no seeds started for the summer. My heart just isn't in it. I think I know why, but it is still something that I should get done. It is the end of the day the sink is full again and I did not accomplish all that much. Couldn't water because someone disconnected my hose, and it is not one that I can get back on very easily. Now it is close to dark and the youngest and I will go for a bike ride soon. Tomorrow, we go bowling for the first time ever!

Here is a link that I hope works so if you want to take some kids or grandkids out for free bowling you can check and see if there is a participating alley near you.

https://www.kidsbowlfree.com/z3m2kn

There is no cost to sign up, but they do offer, for a fee, a parent pass to bowl with the kids. It is for ages 2-16 so go ahead! If a family pass is purchased, I do receive a small credit at no additional cost to anyone that uses this link. Now go out there and have some fun!!!


Hungry? How about some cheesy broccoli soup in a homemade bread bowl? That is not my bowl of soup, however, stuck to the side of it is a piece of my bowl. I guess I baked them a little too close together. Oh well, at least they did not need to be washed once the soup was gone!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow