Week 35... left week 36 in the dust

 It has been a busy month so actually I have left several weeks in the dust! So, as I start week 33 on a Friday, Friday the 13th in fact, I have tons to catch you up on. We celebrated the 11-year-old turning 12 with a day in the park. A day that covered 3 out of 4 seasons. It started out calm but cool, and the games were played without any frostbite. As soon as we opened gifts the weather moved in, and it went from 57 degrees and sort of sunny to 35 and snowing in less than 20 minutes. Only one guest from school showed up, well until it came to smashing the piñata. We had just started when another child and her brother showed up. Of course, family showed and that is always good. Another family was invited, and they showed as we were cleaning up and the rain had started.

As the party planner, I was actually relieved to have only one guest. When you are throwing a party for a child on the spectrum, a big crowd can be a disaster. In years past we have only had family at our parties for that reason.

After the second guest arrived

Opening gifts

Kite flying as the clouds roll in

Of course, with Easter having been the week before and SIL's birthday the week after and that meant bringing her home for the afternoon. In that short time, she had three falls and left reality for a few. Overall, it was a good visit and the next day I had the knee surgery that had been planned.



To keep with the theme of recovery I neglected the blog. Prior to the surgery I picked up a few shifts at one of the places that I had signed on to PRN. It was also the prime choice for SIL when placement was considered. However, after working there I definitely think it is NOT the best place for SIL!

Now I am having thoughts that the place that was close to the hospitals up north may have been a better choice. We have since been to the doctor for a visit about all the falls and we did the visit without the benefit of reality. That was a good thing. More on this in another post.

For I will close as I need to get to Hobby Lobby and a few other places. Happy whatever week it is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow