Today the stitches come out!!!

 I can hardly wait! I am looking forward to being able to get on my knee again. So having a stitch or two in the way is annoying. Off to see the doctor!!!




I have since returned from the visit, I forgot the surgical photos, the work release, the trampoline release and anything else that I needed to get while at that appointment. Perhaps I was just excited to get out and drive again. Not sure what prompted the rush to go and the forgetting of everything I was supposed to do while out, I am sure it had nothing to do with feeling guilty for not visiting SIL yesterday, or today.



The petting area at FOTF kid's day

Ordering treats at Whit's End


Actually, I am pretty sure it had everything to do with that, but not much I can do about it. It is now Tuesday and in about an hour I am going to head to Denver to take SIL to a long-awaited eye appointment. I have a caregiver to go with me. The temp is supposed to be near 85 today. There is no air conditioning in either minivan. That is a story for another day. The party van needs to be driven anyway so I will take that to Denver today.

The adventure of returning to work is on hold as I forgot to ask the doctor for a written, return-to-work note. I sent an email, and I am awaiting a reply. Moving on to a recap of yesterday's adventure... I started out in the party van and made my first scheduled stop at the school. Why? Well, the lost and found was overflowing and the youngest kiddo was missing several items of outer wear. So, the plan was to spend a few minutes digging through the lost and found bin and then get gas, stop at Wal-Mart, pick up caregiver and head over to facility and be there by 1100.

The number of items in the lost and found was overwhelming. I was there 15 minutes and had located 3 of the youngest kiddos items. In that time, I had not even reached a point in the pile where it was at the top of the bin. As I looked at the items, I hung each piece on a hangar and placed it on a clothing rack that was there. The timeline was fifteen minutes so I left with the items and let the office know I would be back.

I skipped the next 2 steps of my carefully laid out plan. Arriving at the caregiver's home 20 minutes early she was just getting into the shower. I should have gone to get gas but instead I sat and visited with her mom. She is an old friend and the coworker that was treated poorly when she broke her hip at work. I enjoyed the few minutes with no chaos, then her grandkids, that were all home sick from school, came into the kitchen. Time to go get gas and pick up SIL.

As we climbed in the party van my knee suggested that this was not the best idea, taking the party van. Sandy suggested that we take her van and leave the party van for her mom. We turned around and swapped cars. The only reason for my concern in the first place was that there have been so many fires lately, and the most recent one was near their neighborhood. I did not want to leave her mom with no way to evacuate. Even more so now that I know ALL of the children are not at school.

Once at the care center we worked on getting SIL out the door. She is resistive to anything other than shopping. We couldn't locate her walker or her glasses. Sandy walked around the facility until she found the walker. The glasses became a non-issue and we left with SIL in shorts and a pajama top. Needless to say, she was resistive to even shopping. Along the way I pretended that the eye doctor called with an immediate opening. I asked her if she wanted to take the appointment and she did!

The trip to the eye doctor was uneventful. The second appointment was more interesting as it was much later in the day. That brought on a little of the dementia behavior, but not enough to worry the provider. The ride home was fun...NOT! I won't go into detail. I let her make some phone calls and reception was bad and so was perception.

After a quick trip to dairy queen and a long drop off at the care center, I was finally on my way back to my vehicle. Which turned out to not have any taillights or dash lights. Well, add that to the list of things to fix before a road trip.

Due to technically challenged operator this post was very delayed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow