Did I set the bar too high?

 I had great plans to get two rooms completely done today. Perhaps I did set the bar too high. It took forever to get my body out of bed, then it took at least an hour to get motivated. I didn't need a list today as the mounds of work were right in front of me. As I dug through the piles of "stuff", and I do mean piles, I found myself getting overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that is needing to find a home. Maybe a home on a shelf or in a box, but definitely a home.

DH is working in the basement and will be there most of the day. My job is the living room and kitchen for today. Tomorrow will be dedicated to decorating the tree. I think anyway. If the elf moves, that is. You never know what will come up at the last minute. Time is running short today and the kiddos want lunch, it seems like we barely finished breakfast.

surprise there is an elf in our tree! 

The travelers are trying to decide if they will linger through the cold this week or head south and endure the cold there. It is supposed to last a week here and only a day or two there. I have to go to the store this evening and buy hooks to hang lights on the windows and ornaments on the tree.

kid is getting too tall for the 6ft tree 

about as decorated as it is going to get

Fast forward: It is now Tuesday and after the night I had last evening at work I vowed I was done. Of course, they texted today, and I feel the need to help... I did not help. And the elf keeps doing things.

making popcorn 

adding to the gingerbread house

getting into paints 

It is now Thursday and the youngest had her follow up from surgery. We made a morning of it and included a trip to the commissary. She was cleared for three months, and she has really good vision with the glasses on. We went to a different commissary than we usually do, so it was a bit harder to find things. 

There is so much more to share but it must wait, kids are ready for bed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow