Out the gate... and whoa! wait we aren't there yet...

 The morning started off strong for both girls, we walked three of the four dogs on leashes for PE warm up. The fourth dog came along without a leash. On the third lap around the yard the children were ready to take the dogs back inside. The two male dogs were good with that idea. The two female dogs could have gone further.

Both girls needed drinks and a moment to rest. We are really out of shape! While they took a break, I took the paperwork to the school to withdraw both kiddos. I still need to return the chrome book to the school but that can wait till later today. We have to go to the library in town and return an overdue book so I can do it then. It was a peaceful start to our day. DH returned from town with the chicken feed so I will unload that and get it into the shed for later today.

We played Yahtzee for about an hour, the youngest and I, we did not finish the game. There was quite a bit of wiggle worm activity. Those are the signals to stop, change or redirect when it comes to her. Good thing it is only four hours of learning. Hard to stretch any more than that into an 8- or 12-hour day. Both the library book and the computer have been located, so I am going to take another trip to the school and the library drop box sans kiddos.

It is the end of the day, and I am pooped! I have a webinar to watch at 8pm and I am hoping I can keep my eyes open. The oldest and I did get to do math and the dogs got a second walk through the yard. I could only handle one time. The neighbor texted and she has some short (under 100 pages) books on towns here in Colorado that would be fun to visit on a day long field trip or maybe even an overnighter.

We will meet at the fence tomorrow. The kids have had their meds and dinner and the two trips out into the cool air may help them doze off early. One can hope! At the end of November, I received an email from a blogger I follow, she wrote: Holiday Reminder, you are not obligated to continue any holiday tradition that leaves you broke, overwhelmed, or tired. Remember that "No" is a complete sentence-it doesn't need a qualifier. There was more to it than just that, but the day I read it, I needed to read it!

That said time to get ready for the webinar, so here are some pictures the kids walking the dogs or vice versa. 

off to start our walk 

 Bruno booked!

 Lily with Elsa 

Bruno in the home stretch

Oops, something needs investigating 

Good night blog!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow