Shock!

 Not what you think, I am sure. The last two years have proved to be challenging when it comes to finding pool supplies. Shock was at a premium at $34 for a 6 pack. When I darkened the door of Wal-Mart yesterday, they had a lot of the product on the shelf for less than half of the summertime price. Where they had this stuff during the summer is anyone's guess. I do usually try to stock up at the end of the season for the next season. It is not normal to find enough product to last the entire next season, but awesome that I did!

With so few weeks left until the holidays I have been picking up little things here and there for gifts. I did nothing in the craft department to prepare. It is not as easy to find the time as it used to be. Today has its own agenda. I need to take clothing to SIL. She is finally putting on a bit of weight and needs a bit more room in her things. I also need to empty the car of the items bought for the next season.

The tween is experiencing friend challenges. She has several very close friends, but one of them is somewhat selfish. She likes to have my child all to herself, yet she has many other friends herself. Earlier in the week she informed DD that she isn't sure that DD is worthy of her friendship and that she would let her know if she would allow the friendship to continue. Say what?!?! These are 12-year-olds! Personally, I say that ship has sailed. However, last night the "friend" texted saying she was going to allow DD another "chance". DD came to me and asked if she should be the "friend". Being defensive the mama bear came out. I tried hard to reign the bear back in and gave a soft answer, well really more of a question.

She, being DD, has another friend that really dislikes the "friend's" treatment of DD and voiced that last year at DD's birthday party. The "friend" did not attend. In fact, the friend who was trying to advise DD that the other "friend" was not treating DD very nicely, stated she would not be part of the group but would still be DD's friend if she wanted to be friends.

Flash forward to yesterday and this friend joined up with DD for recess. They had a great time, no fussing or talk about others just a good time. Perhaps the first "friend" noticed, maybe that was why the text arrived or perhaps she just reconsidered, we will never really know. My experience in life does point me to the former, but that's my life experience. Now is the time for her life experiences.

Initially after school she asked if she should delete a particular phone number. The only advice I could give was to really think about that before doing it. Anger only brings on more hurtful feelings and she has felt hurt enough. Although I didn't voice that entire sentiment, I stand by it.

Now on to the tasks of the day!

dogs were kissing each other

my new apron material

cow print for a cow squish mallow

I even put the shock in the shed

good night blog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow