Fall break is here!

 Today the kids have only a half day of school. Hardly seems worth the 40-minute drive, but it is, I will have time to go get milk and possibly even do a load of laundry before pick-up is required. Then it is 4 hours before the oldest has an orthodontist appointment. I can return home with them or go to my daughter's home and sit with all of them. That seems like an easy enough choice to make. But it isn't as easy as it sounds. Going to her house saves having a kid mess at mine, but it means having to get lunch at a fast-food place, the dogs largely left unattended, and DH to fend for himself. What I save in gasoline, I will surely spend in fast-food. Hmmm that was an easy decision.





DH had planned to drive the kids to school today. I didn't hear a peep out of him during the night, so maybe he will feel up to it. If not, I am prepared to drop-off and pick up. I started a crochet project yesterday. I was asked what it would be when finished, rightly I do not know. I started it because I am a backseat driver and DH was driving to his appointment. When I crochet my eyes are not looking for every danger available or potential. This keeps the tension at bay, because I hardly notice when we go to the wrong lane, or off the edge of the road, I just crochet faster! Oh, sure the rumble strips annoy me, and the beeping of horns, but I get to work on a project or two in relative peace! IF it gets too bad then I switch seats at the first chance!

This face has been on this tree (along with others that were removed) for 50+ years. It has a story... another time for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow