TGIF... for the most part

 I have never had much of a Monday thru Friday work life, even much of my Army time was not a typical schedule. "Retirement" is parading around no differently. It is Friday and it will prove to be my busiest day of this week.  May Heaven help the first kid to ask to go to town over the weekend. At this moment I know what my part is and what needs to be done to make the day work.

Oh boy did things turn out way different than they started out. The morning was on track, even DH was up and ready to go to town with me. Plans change by the second here in my world. He had stated he was not going to go with me, so I got ready quietly and headed out to warm the car. I came back in and there he was totally dressed. Picking up meds at the base took a long time. We arrived home about 30 minutes before I had to leave to take the neighbor to her appointment in Aurora. 

On the way to her appointment, I received a call from DH that he was having some kind of episode. After about 5 to ten minutes, I asked the neighbor to cancel her appointment and reschedule, as he sounded not so good. I had him call 911 and I headed to the hospital to wait for the ambulance to arrive. My neighbor was kind enough to go with me instead of insisting on going home. My daughter arrived and she then refused to go home, stated her spouse was coming. Within an hour they stated they were going to admit him to the cardiac unit. Then she was okay with leaving because I needed stuff for him from the house.

They went the normal route home; my daughter got the things I needed and then headed back in. The neighbor kindly agreed to take care of the animals for me. Travelling back the same route, my daughter encountered the road to closed for a fatal accident. Thirty minutes from the time she passed through that intersection. Scary as my granddaughter was originally scheduled to drive the kids home from school because I was supposed to be in Aurora, 80 some miles away. She would have encountered the scene with the kids. By God's grace none of that happened. Traffic was routed around the accident and because this is country it was miles out of the way.

We tried to keep the plans for the kids normal for the weekend. They had their first in a long-time sleepover at their cousins' house. DH had a sleepover with no sleep involved. All went well, the tests revealed nothing, and they released him. We were home 45 minutes and the symptoms started again. It has been a long two days. As I type this morning, I am relaxing while the house is somewhat quiet, the youngest two are awake and so are all the animals, but that is normal for this home. We are not going back to the ER. The symptoms are milder, and he was so stressed at being there that this seems a better alternative. I will get done what I can the rest will wait.

This is the holiday break and there is much to get ready for. The parents in this house are going to get upgraded phones this week and we are not going to travel anywhere as we had planned to do. Staying in town will be sprinkled with some fun activities, maybe even the trampoline park.

Friday sunrise was so calm


Friday evening not so much

Glad it is not my blood!


The red morning sky reminded me, after the fact, of the verse in the Bible that states that the sailors know a red sky in the morning brings a warning, not an exact quote. I should have heeded the signs and gone back to bed.

We just missed the take-off time to make the early church service and the teen is not happy about that, guess we will go to the late service. Now everyone is up for the day.

Later blog...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...