13 days...

How did this happen? Could it be from not working outside the home? By the time this is posted there will be 12 days left until Christmas. I am thinking there must be a way to delay the inevitable. Short of a disaster, I suppose not.

Perhaps I could work the 12 days of Christmas song into real life and go from there. A chicken might make a nice partridge and there are two pear trees outside. Of course, they have been maimed by the little goats. But still, they might live.

And who could really tell the difference between a chicken and a French hen? Unless of course they start clucking in the wrong language. Guess it is best to get the lyrics and follow the script.

Well, here it is 10 days away and the children did not fall for chicken under the pear tree. Nor did they appreciate the two turtle chickens... what is the world coming to? Apparently, I must participate in this year's festivities.

This week is "spirit" week at school... again. Monday was holiday hat day. Now this is a day I might enjoy if the kiddos would only wear the "Frosty" hat that I purchased almost 3 years ago. Nope, they want Santa hats... BORING! Every kid seems to want the Santa hat. Poor Frosty, his sits in a box in the basement again this year.

I did purchase a second Santa hat, as I knew this argument would arise. However, SIL does not sleep at night, she moves things to new places. Perhaps the Santa hat is with my cutting board that disappeared two weeks ago. Not noticing this until 30 minutes before departure time I needed to "whip" up a hat of some sort.

Ta da! An Elf hat complete with bell.

Looks more like a beret from the front but that's okay with the wearer.
Tuesday was crazy sock day... neither kid would wear mismatch socks. To resolve the problem, I gave each kid this speech to recite should they be confronted about the socks.

 "To whom it may concern, my socks were seen by a psychotherapist just yesterday and must be committed to a Behavioral Health facility as soon as I remove them today. They have been deemed crazy."

Alas, neither child was approached in regard to their socks.

Today, is red, green and white day. While out yesterday I searched for a holiday sweater for the youngest child. There were none to be had. In fact, Walmart was redoing the floors in one of the stores and the aisles were shoved together in such a fashion that you could not get a cart through to the girls' clothing.

With this problem on hand and having purchased two red t-shirts in the last two spirit weeks I thought of a solution.
She is a noisy kid at home, why not share the joy with the whole classroom?! If the teacher doesn't appreciate it... oh well! She gets a 21-day break starting Friday she will likely get over it.

With all that said I will close and get busy with tomorrow and Friday's "spirit" week items. Catch you later!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow