Today was shopping for shoes day...

Today we went shopping for shoes for SIL. Because of the sleep attacks that she suffers we decided it was best to leave when the kiddos left for school today. So, we all piled into the minivan, one big happy group. Sort of a happy group. School starts at 0800 but they let the kids in at 0735 and mine like to be there at that time to connect with friends. 

After the kids departed the vehicle, we decided to go to breakfast. Finding a place that we agreed on proved challenging. SIL want McDonald's or Applebee's, DH wanted Burger King, frankly I didn't want to go out to eat. I don't enjoy shopping and I needed the pain to be over with as quick as possible. We ended up at IHOP. My food arrived with foreign matter in it. I sent it back. That was it for me.

We then headed to a shoe store only to find they didn't open for 30 more minutes. I am glad I did not go alone as it took two hours to pick out a pair of shoes. Then over to Walmart to try and find T-shirt type shirts for her. No luck finally we made it home. I tried to put little miss down for a nap and she was almost asleep when SIL started screaming my name in the hallway.

I really felt she must have fallen or something serious had happened. Nope, she just didn't see me. Also, she needed to make sure I had the leggings that I had purchased for the girls right now. That was the end of the nap for the baby. I loaded her in the car to go get the kids from school. DH felt that me leaving an hour early wasn't necessary. I assured him it was.

I returned home from my task at 1615 and I put supper on and told everyone that I was laying down for a minute. That was the absolute truth as SIL felt the need to stand at the bedroom door and call my name. There was something very important for me to look at. I got up and went to look at the object in her hand. She found it in her underwear. No idea how it got there. I told her to take it to the toilet and flush it down. She threw it in the trash. Surprisingly she did not try to place blame on any of the kids or animals.

I served dinner and then left to get the 11-year-old from her playtime at my son-in-law's house. When I returned it was almost time for pills, SIL enthusiastically prepared, then got


sidetracked. Four separate times she lost focus on the task. So, I handed the reins to DH and went and took a much-needed shower. On returning to life as it is I asked if she was ready for bed. She declined and here I sit waiting and writing.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow