Christmas Day!

 One more year in the books and the day was relatively quiet. At least there weren't noisy middle of the night antics. There were antics, but mostly just waking others up because it was morning. very early morning, but morning indeed. Because my husband grew up with the tradition of opening gifts on Christmas eve, we are doing the same with the youngest two. It has its' perks. One of which is no early wake up by the children, just SIL.

The drawback for me is the day seems very blah. We do not entertain guests on this day. Nor do we go anywhere. I think that does not sit all that well with SIL, but I am okay without all the fuss. This is the first year that the tree is already down, the decorations are still up but will come down very soon. I am not sure why the rush, but I do know there are things that are missed during the "put away" phase. Those will be gathered here and there throughout the year... as usual.

I think the extra drama that occurs about every other night contributes to the desire by DH to move on to the next phase of life. I did absolutely nothing on my "to do for Christmas" list this year. That stressed me out just a bit. Okay maybe it was more than just a bit. It did allow me to realize that the only way for me to remain slightly sane is to work outside the house a few hours a week. I emphasize slightly as I was never all there in the sanity department.

We did manage to make a few cookies and some candy. Today we managed some more cookies. The soft sugar cookies like the Lofthouse ones from the store. I like mine without the extra frosting but most everyone in the house needs frosting and sprinkles! That's a job that three others are quite capable of handling. So, I let them. That freed me up to tidy things and process the pumpkin for the freezer.

Even the Christmas movies do not entertain SIL, at least not for very long. Today though, the cookie baking, and frosting have left her with a bit of an appetite. Good thing I put last nights' chicken and dumplings on to stay warm for snacking. It was supposed to be lunch and it was for most of us.
Nice and warm ready to eat, unlike the ham that I forgot to put in the oven. Oh well another plus for not entertaining! Would not anyone to be hungry!


Merry
Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow