Monday, Monday...

 There was way too much caffeine in my system yesterday. I was tired but could not lay still. This morning no one knows what they want for breakfast. Neither do I. The thought of smoothies came up, but that requires a trip to the basement for frozen fruit. Homemade yogurt is good in that and then I have a good excuse to make more. The children gave up and poured cereal for themselves, SIL would like a smoothie. Ingredients are in the blender, and she is having a sleep attack... I am jealous!

Yummy homemade yogurt!

Bananas, honey, strawberries and a little vanilla. 

There is plenty to do today. Tomorrow, we have a get together with all the grandchildren here in Colorado. There are gifts to be wrapped for that event too. The joy of it all! Careful wrapping, pretty bows and thoughtful gifts, all to be demolished in 30 to 60 seconds. When my daughter came in yesterday and saw that our little tree was already down and minimal decorations were left, she was jealous.

I still have fabric strewn from here to yonder as there are a few things that are going out very late. The motivation and desire were lacking this year. Very few people even received a Merry Christmas text from me. This has been perhaps the laziest year for me yet. Or the saddest. I feel like I am watching two people fade into dementia and they are not trying to take me with them. Or perhaps it is really the other way around and I am not taking them! Time will tell!

This week should be spent making a plan for next month. Appointments, meals and work time. Or at least getting next months' birthday greetings in the mail. I do have a plan for work and a caregiver lined up. Hopefully it will pan out.


I will miss some of this child's antics, but I plan to work while she is at school mainly, so she won't risk being in the "care" of SIL. Both girls are very respectful towards SIL even though most of her requests of them make absolutely no sense. The joys of dementia! 

After an hour on hold with the base pharmacy I was able to get a real person. Now that is done and there are only 2,653 things left on my to-do list for today. I must post this for now and get busy. Here's to a very productive last week of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow