The day before vacation

 Today I needed a break, I did not get a break, but I really needed one. Even now I could use a break, but DH is busy doing something and I am left to handle the discipline and entertainment for the young ones. They act as if I have not seen them in days versus having been gone for less than four hours tending to the needs of SIL. Much less I fed them a late lunch right before I left, they ate cereal and ice cream while I was out and when I walked through the door they were famished!

My mind is not on dinner as lunch is still heavy in my tummy, but I made dumplings and also a serving of cereal, more Kool-Aid and cleaned up the counters from the earlier self-service that went on. It has been a long day. During the night I was up with the dogs on two separate occasions to let them outside. Rewind to Sunday and the reason would be clear. On Sunday the dogs soiled their cage and therefore the carpet under it. So last night they roamed free while the area was drying out. Tonight, they will go back into their cages.

As I add to this blog the two large dogs lay beside me and they are gassy, I do hope there is not a repeat of Sunday. Not much cleaning has been done unless you count all the dishes and counters. If you count those you could then look into my sink and see that it looks as though it was never done.  I think a staycation will be stressful but maybe I am wrong.

Christmas bathtub paints 

 So much for clean counters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...