Week 1 with the youngest grand

 Last week my daughter's house was gifted a case of strep. It ran the gauntlet of the family members except the youngest. This week I started caring for the youngest again, and she is a busy little thing! Now strep is headed through our house. My youngest is now suffering the effects of the flaming throat, fever, and the irritating dry cough. We went with the other family to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate the youngest turning 3.

 Birthday kiddo

B-Day kiddo's helper

Who needs help 

Today her cold has turned to pink eye, this does not excite me. Her throat symptoms have cleared a bit and the congestion is better for sure, but now the eye is involved. Hopefully a little intense monitoring and keeping it free of drainage will be all that is needed as we head into the weekend. Because the last place I want to go is the ER.

Thomas the Train and friends at Barbie's place

Sadness over spilled frog and turtle soup

Before the big spill

an attempt at molecules
 
 Spike protein!

I feel this week of homeschooling was a complete or near complete disaster. No one did any book work. We did have one productive day with art. Having a 3-year-old in the mix certainly "livens" things up. With sickness making the rounds in the house we did not go for any outside activities. No bowling, no tumbling, no horse therapy and no visits to the SIL. I saw no reason to chance taking strep to her.

Oil pastels and chicken soup

glitter glue paint and watercolors

she was mad that she didn't get a big palette of colors

I feel like a Dr. Suess character, we sat there we three, no not on our knees. These knees can't handle the hard floor. They did not mind the slide at GWL, but I admit I was terrified that I would get to the bottom and not be able to get up. The youngest and I just finished watching "The one and only Ivan", for the second time. No, she did not sit through the movie, but she listened from various positions and locations around the kitchen and living room areas. The older is spending the night with friends from her youth group. 

Tomorrow night I agreed to watch my two grand kids, not sure what I was thinking after having had the littlest all week. Talk about a wake-up call, she is very busy and wants what she wants, when she wants it. 

On a lighter note, sort of, I received a call from the courts on Thursday. The caller wanted to know if I had a good reason for not filing a report this year and was I aware of the whereabouts of my 10-year-old. I left the room I was in; I did not want the littles to hear me discussing things. Once I was clear on the questions, I responded to the caller that yes, I did know where the child was and that the reason, I did not file a report was two-fold. The first reason was that she had been adopted, and the second reason was that I had not received a notice that I had to file a report. Since it was at the same courthouse where the guardianship had been filed, I figured one office spoke with the other office or that the record on file would have been shared. The caller responded that no they had no idea and that it was my responsibility to notify them. I guess I can call that Biblical. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. Except that it is the same hand.

The caller said it had to happen ASAP, not filing the report, but notifying them. Seems to me that I just did, but bureaucracy has its' own needs. So, I was required to file a copy of each child's final adoption decree along with the case number from the guardianship. This seemed quite daunting at that moment, but when DH got back home, I took the littlest and decided she would be returned to mommy so gramma could play downtown with the clerk's office.

I told my daughter that if I had to carry the baby through the courthouse, I would probably need an ambulance to get me out of there. To my surprise while in there they arrived. Since my friend's husband is the fire chief, I know I can count on her, but my goodness I did not expect results without a call!

Front door service! 

I had asked the caller for leniency in regard to the timeframe for this hoping to make time next week. To my surprise DH was fine with me leaving to do the task and mommy was going to be out of work on time for me to avoid traffic too. Thankfully, the paperwork has been filed and the rest of any loose ends that pop up will be just as easy to deal with.

Now I am ready for a night off! Good night blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...