It feels like a month, but it's just been a week

  I set out to change the chaos in my world to run to a different tempo. It was late afternoon again and I failed to make the hamburger buns before I ran to town to drop off the grandchild that I was babysitting. Her mother would have driven out to get her, but A. I was tired and that would have been 3 hours until she was picked up and B. I decided to pick up hamburger buns, exchange a pair of shoes and stop at a thrift store to look for an embroidery hoop. Baby was overtired and a trip in the car meant at least a short nap would occur on the way to town. I forgot to get the hamburger buns, but I did pick up medication for my SIL that needs to now be delivered to her facility. Change is exactly what I need to embrace!

View from safety of home

Each day I have chosen a small area to work on. The other day it was the counter with the toaster. This toaster has occupied the counter in several different spots for 2 years. In that span of time, it has been used less than 100 days. To me this signaled that it was time to remove the toaster from the prime real estate that it held there on the kitchen counter. Of course, less than 3 hours later DH needed the toaster. Then the kids needed it today, twice. So much for relocating the toaster!

frog dog

Today is going by quickly yet also slowly. The youngest is going to try to spend the night at her cousin's house. And that was two days ago, she actually made it through two nights and two half days. Let me explain, after the first overnight adventure I went and picked her up so that my daughter and her family could have a little break. This kid is high energy and even I need a nap every afternoon until her tank runs down enough for her to go to sleep for a few hours. And it is very few hours! Usually, 6 hours of sleep will get you another 16-18 hours of play. 

hopefully the last of Christmas decorations

 even the dog cannot catch a break

Anyway, I picked her and took her home for just a few hours and then we headed back to town. I worked while she played with the neighbor of my daughter. All the kids love Miss Ozzy her thick accent and the inability to pronounce certain letters of the alphabet in the same manner that we do, just endears the children all the more! 

It has been a full week since this post was started and now, I must confess the toaster has been relocated back to the counter. The small appliance won. I worked two days this week and they need me again today, however, the snowstorm that blew in 40 minutes before I left my shift yesterday, made it take me an hour and 30 minutes to drive home. Once home I could not get to sleep right away. Last glance at the time was 0230, baby was scheduled to arrive at 0545. Luckily, she didn't arrive until 0630, roads were still iced over this morning. 

My neighbor needed a ride to get labs drawn today and I had agreed to take her before the storm started, we still went this morning. It was a good opportunity to observe all the cars on their sides, or off into a field far from the road. Several fences were "taken out". All these and many more are reasons I will take tonight off. I wish I had taken pictures on the way to town this morning, but alas I did not. With that I will say good night blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...