Who hid the toaster? (Or she rearranged the counter again)

 Good morning! With the addition of homeschooling two special needs kids and babysitting my youngest grandchild the days can be pretty overwhelming. We had the two kids in public school, however with increased sicknesses in the winter months and a petri dish of germs available at school they were missing more than is allowed. So back to homeschooling and trying to find a little "me" time in the mix. It is not easy. at. all. I will take all the encouragement I can get and run with it.... instead of scissors.

I decided to rearrange one counter today

The sunset this evening was nice

This week has not been stellar in terms of hitting those school goal marks. We started the "Little house on the Prairie" series and the animal lover in the family could not handle the "hunting" portions of the first book. Although we still read the first three books, we have since switched over to the "Narnia" series. We are in book one of that and they are both still intrigued. I can continue the LHP series closer to spring.
The little one could not line up the red, no car

I found a mysterious substance on the beads 


Today we searched for embroidery hoops in the craft stuff that we have on hand, and we stopped at a thrift store to see what might be there also. Sadly, no luck either way. Eventually, I will find what we need, most likely once we don't need it anymore. I want to introduce the girls to the relaxation and frustration that comes with needle crafts. They spend a lot of time in "virtual" play and that is fine except when they are done, they do not have anything in their hands to show for it.
fine motor skills or something to show for her play


I found out today that one of my favorite co-workers is moving on in life. This leaves us no night shift nurses, except for me and I only go occasionally. Night shift does not work that well for the kiddos. Lack of sleep works even less for me. These two kids are not like any of the other kids I have had. They require hands on attention and lots of one on one.
This is what I came home to last time I worked

and this...

I am not really sure it is worth it. All day I have received text messages asking me to please help out where I can, and the idea sounds terrific! The reality does not. It is all night shifts only, 6p-6a, as many as I can handle! Good night blog I am tired today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...