Still sorting...

 Yesterday I revisited the crime scene, nothing in plain sight to cause the fall. There was a piece of cardboard sticking out from under some other things but not in the walkway where I fell. The mystery lives on. The more I reflect on it and try to process what happened, the more mysterious it becomes to me. What I have gained from this experience doesn't stop at "don't fall anymore". That is just the beginning. I jokingly told a friend that I was down to falling about every 2 weeks until last month. That when I picked up the slack and got back to my weekly routine! 

I still have a ton of stuff to do around the house, it just takes much more time to do. Last night the older child asked if she could help with dinner. I said absolutely! The plan was chicken fried steak. I talked her through each dish, and she did great! It took a bit longer to prepare, but I think it would have any way. She may actually have speeded things up a bit.

we were out of corn so green bean casserole instead

 she made the peppered gravy

the first piece of meat of the pan

 she was excited about making the whole meal

I cleaned up what I could of the kitchen afterward and we called it a night. This morning was the Men's breakfast at church. I had the pans out and ready for DH to make his contribution to the meal. I did not cook any of it, I usually pitch in but not today. He struggled to stand and hover over the stove. He managed but his wobbly stance and poor gait, reassured me it is time to retire for a few years and rethink being outside the home. He is too unsteady to be unattended for great lengths of time. A walker, although his pride would take a big hit, is what he should be using. I do hope and pray he never has a fall with my results! 

Moving on, breakfast was easy today. We had the four leftover biscuits from Wednesday night's dinner and the leftover gravy from last night. Easy peasy. Time to get the morning going and plan tomorrow. There is a baby shower at church after the service. I will not be attending. But DH can take the cards and drop them off. The last shower we had, there was a list of items to sign up for and baskets were made for each expectant mom. This time they gave a copy of each family's wish list. We opted for money as then they can purchase what they need.

Yesterday I also continued to make progress sorting things and getting stuff to the attic, one at a time. I am not done by any stretch of the imagination, but I made progress. Today I plan to tackle the island in the kitchen. I have a bunch of apples to slice for a pie so the oldest will learn to make pie crust today. Only DH likes apple pie, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't learn to make a good crust. As part of their schooling, we write down or print each recipe we use and put it in a binder for their future use. 

I am hoping by Monday to be able to start rearranging the entryway room. On the original house plans it is called the den. Maybe it is big enough for a bear den but not a people den. We use it to store the piano and a couch and now my computer desk. My desk is an 1800's school desk that my cousin gave me. She also gave me a treadle sewing machine when she learned that mine burned up. In the original house that we selected these would have had a place, here they struggle to fit in. One day...

I am leaning more and more towards finding a piece of land and going with a ranch style home with a basement but not a second floor. For storage of stuff, we will never use again, the second floor is great. But if we are likely to never use it again... why keep it? I will figure that out eventually. I still lean towards moving to another state. Maybe I will. You just never know.

The travelers are due to return tonight or tomorrow morning. They are returning the granddaughter so that she can play nanny to her current youngest cousin. She has another cousin due in May. She wants to attend the birth or at least be in North Carolina when it happens. We shall see. This nanny thing was supposed to free me up to take care of family and go back to work. Life happens and things change. 

I look forward to their arrival, although knowing they are out there traveling with the craziness of this world plays on my nerves. I will close for now and take care of few more things then rest. My neighbor called and needed help, she offered to let the girls come over for a bit. The kids being gone made resting seem silly. I could work on sorting and sneaking things to the attic. I was able to spend an hour or more getting things ready for the attic and up there. Then the neighbor and the kids were on their way here. We had a nice visit, then her SO called and said she could get his food started. She hurried off and I walked to the mailbox. 

The main living room is almost complete, and I will be able to start the entryway room by Monday. I am motivated! Now that I think about it, I was motivated the day I fell too... Later blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...