A New week ahead of me

 Yes, I know technically the week starts on Monday, so if you are new to my blog, it may look weird saying this is the start of the week. However, the new year started on a Saturday so that is my marker for now. My blog, my rules. It is the only thing that I can control anymore, so I will.

This morning I was awakened by a bit of a scream in the night. Not an all-out scream, more of a scream of my name. I listened for a bit, then I got up and checked, all seemed well so I laid back down. Sleep eluded me. I had already slept a bit, so that made sense. The morning has been no different than any other. Everybody up before the sun, dogs out the door and SIL with a dozen questions, each one asked before the previous is answered. Then meds and a quick sleep attack. So, I sit here looking for inspiration. It also eludes me.


Time for inspiration is over, SIL is up from her nap. I did start thinking about the week ahead and some of the things I could get baked today in an effort to minimize trips to the store, plus there were a couple of recipes that I wanted to try. First on the list was focaccia, I do believe I made this years ago and I was not impressed but I found another recipe and thought I should give it a go.


It smells pretty yummy! But the truth will be in the taste. The plan is to make paninis on Monday. The kiddos are out of school that day so there won't be an opportunity to bake. Tomorrow the plan is sloppy joes, so I thought I'd try a new hamburger bun recipe. I do like the old one but this new one seemed so much faster. The initial appearance and smell were pretty good! It also made a much smaller batch which is helpful in a house where folks do not like frozen bread.

I thought I would wait until time to use them to slice them. The tween thought she should sample one for good measure. She gave them a thumbs up and that is high praise from a tween! 

Dinner is over and the evening meds are done. SIL is distraught, I am not rushing to go to bed and that is a change in the routine. I suppose I could carry this to the bedroom and feign that I was going to bed but there is no desk in there nor a chair. She is readying for bed so I will close and go straighten the sheets and blankets and hopefully that will call the night... hopefully. If nothing else, I must call it a night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow