Saturday... donuts

 It was a good day to try something else. So, I tried my hand at a different donut recipe. It was, eh, so-so, I mean as far as donuts go. I have definitely had better. The ones that I cut into the traditional donut shape cooked a little too long as they were very dark. It just seemed like they were missing something. All of them. I did cut some into a shape to fill with something and when they cool, I will try. I had lots of help during this little adventure.





All in all, they were a success. The recipe made way more than we could or would eat. I will let you know how well they keep. In the future I will make a half batch. While I did look forward to the traditional shape, I found the puffy pillow shape to be my preference. Another detail I will pay closer attention to is having frostings and fillings ready before starting the dough. That was my "try something new" for this past week. 



SIL is particularly needy this weekend. The fact remains that I am the main entertainment for her. Therefore, somehow, some way, I need to figure out I am going to do the things that I want or need to do. It is January 8th, this is the day, three years ago, my life changed forever. All the decisions, mistakes, and progress or lack thereof, changed. Every year since has been chaotic in some way. As I remember that day and how quickly it all vanished, I think about how fragile life is.


This evening I went out and talked to my chickens and the other animals in the barn. No, I was not channeling Dr. Doolittle, I just have not been able to spend any time with them doing what I enjoy. Instead, I get to do all the inside things and take care of SIL. My thoughts are conflicted, I don't want to put her in a facility, but I need more down time than I am getting. I still have grieving I need to do. Today, I learned of another death in the extended family. I think we are at 6 for this past 12 months.  One might think that blogging is a bit of a respite, and it is, to a point.


As I write this SIL is staring at me unable to move past the middle of the two gates in the hallway. She cannot think to move. Tonight, is a night that she must be guided, step by step through the activities that are routine for the rest of us. Even for her, on the right day. Today is not the right day.
A certain little dancer left me a mess...

Slime, the bane of my existence

With that I am going to bed. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow