How did I not see this coming?

When I left my job in August I expected some backlash. I expected that a few things would change and yes there would be some who would be upset. I expected that management would work hard to keep things even-keeled  and as smooth as possible for the residents and the staff too. I expected they would respect the workers and their schedules... I expected way too much.

It is disappointing to see people who work hard and care even harder be treated like they are sloths. Better yet be told they have been trained the wrong way and everything they do is wrong. Not hey we are going to make some changes around here. Lets get together and have a meeting to set the ground rules. Nope. Nada. Nothing! Well that is not entirely true... write-ups are flowing like water.

Change is inevitable in everything. But there is no reason to make things more stressful than they have to be. Perhaps that is my non confrontational side speaking out. My confrontational side wants to walk up to the instigators and demand an answer for the behavior that is going on.

There were so many hot line calls that they sent someone from corporate HR to come and visit the staff. Someone to listen to their concerns and show diplomacy...NOT! What arrived was someone who came out and interrogated people who were already being bullied by upper management. Interviews were conducted... with the alleged bully in the room. The HR person turned every statement around and used it against the staff member that uttered it insinuating that they themselves were the bullies.

One person, a caregiver by title, was told she was not to "care" about the residents. What was she thinking listening to their problems and trying to help? By no means should anyone go to the pharmacy and pick up medications for a resident that cannot drive. That's their problem that they cannot get the medications they may need.

If you opened the dictionary and looked for hostile you would see a picture of my old employment there. 


Someone once said that the Executive Director does not like people to leave unless he fires them. Perhaps his way of retaliating against me is to attack those who stayed behind. It could backfire and cost him lots of agency money. Hopefully their love for the residents will override the disappointment they feel in the treatment they are receiving from management.

Looking back I can only say if I had seen this coming I would have stayed longer to delay the affects on my old staff.

This really sucks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow