Here we go!... without those paper products...yes without that too!

Here we go with the first two weeks off for the "virus". Since Friday started our regular time-off for the weekend it didn't technically count. Today is the official first day off! Over the weekend my daughter and I went to several stores, you know what we were looking for. Of course there were no supplies to be had so it is official for me, we are going back to cloth. Cloth napkins, towels for all things kitchen, rags for garage use and yes cloth in THAT room too.

It's definitely not something everyone can or wants to do, but in our case it is no big deal. I used cloth diapers on all the babies in my care and cloth wipes, aka washcloths. In fact, if our home hadn't burned we would still have plenty of "cloth". But starting over can be an adventure too. I get to go to the fabric store for pretty flannel prints! 

Going back to cloth doesn't have to be expensive. Maybe you have old flannel sheets that have seen better days, or an old flannel shirt, or terry cloth, old towels can be repurposed. Kids can use colorful washcloths as napkins instead of paper napkins or paper towels. I personally prefer cloth napkins. I have even been known to stick them in the kiddos lunches now and then. If you, like me, love the fabric store then check out the "remnant" section for reduced prices on new flannel.

Even DH realized that his love of paper toweling may have to come to an end. When I informed him of the lack of supplies to be had I also informed him that I was tired of going on the hunt he agreed to go back to cloth "everything". The only thing I am not quite ready for is cloth puppy pads! But once I get in the swing of it I'll make some of those too! We have gone through 3 boxes of paper puppy pads since their arrival...this past week. That's a lot of puppy stuff!

The plan today is to take all the kiddos out east and pick up some of the construction debris. I have arranged for a "sitter" for the 4 legged kids. We will have a picnic lunch at the new house and hopefully get some "school" work done also. And if I survive the first day of all these "additions" with any energy left over I will cut some "cloth".

In the past each family member had their own pattern on their cloth wipes. That way if there was a germaphobe (and there was) they can have a bit of calmness with the adventure. In my opinion, and it is just that an opinion, these beat a corn cob or pages out of the non-existant "Sears" catalog.

So do you have enough "paper"?  Have a great day and don't let the "ick" factor rule your life! Off to enjoy the "ride"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow