Trying for Sanity...


I may have done something stupid yesterday, after finally reaching someone at the school I stated I would be withdrawing the girls during this fun time. My reason was that I could not meet the districts requirement of doing the work online. With up to 6 kids here at one time, I can't. We have a "no tech" policy during the day in order to get them to do book work and actually get up and move for playtime. That and after attempting to do the work with the girls online after the other kiddos leave for the day it was too much for me. 

I even tried early the next day before kiddos arrived. Still very much overwhelming. Plus the phone screens are too small and I have one laptop, neither Kindle allowed me to log in and frankly, I am neither tech savvy nor patient! It also doesn't hurt that I have been contemplating doing this anyway, I had planned to finish the school year but I think the virus may have done this for us anyway.

My daughter thought she would get ahead of the game and had her first grader do all the work in 3 days with one day involving almost 4 hours in front of a computer screen. When she called the teacher to ask if she did it correctly the teacher explained that she will add more work since the kids must log in everyday. Her kiddo is bright and has no "challenges".

Wednesday we did not do any school work. All of the best laid plans withered in the warm weather. The kids did get out in the sunshine for a bit and we enjoyed the dogs and their antics. There was even time to clean up the back yard a bit. With the high winds expected we put all the sleds against the shed and picked up dog toys and "gifts" from those little poop machines!

It is time to get ready to go on my gathering mission. I have a small cotton candy machine that a friend borrowed before the other house burned so I offered to bring her the sleds that her children brought over to enjoy the snow with before Christmas and trade for that this morning by 0700. She is limited in transportation so she hasn't been back with a vehicle that could take those and the kids. Who knows she may need them.

This week I also decided I must go out east and assist with the clean up if I am ever to move. I had forgotten how out of shape I have become. Ugh! After only one time I can barely move!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow