Day two...

I am not sure why but it feels like a week already and it is only day two. Tomorrow is the "off" day. Meaning I will only have the girls for "school work". The charter school that they attend with a couple of the other kiddos coming over, has assigned computer work for the kids in order to "take attendance". We did not log in yesterday. today we attempted but did not have the correct information until this evening. It took about half an hour for me to figure out first grade math. In 49 minutes we did five problems.

In almost two hours we did 1/2 of a lesson of fourth grade work. I'll stick to the curriculum we have and let the school know this isn't very user friendly. At least not for me anyway. I wonder what the kids without internet are doing for "attendance"?

On top of all this, #10 erased information on my phone and I lost many IMPORTANT phone numbers!!! So unless I receive a text or phone call from those that were lost I may never reach them again!

A funny thing happened today, #6 volunteered to do today's "activity" which was decorate your own cupcake. So after getting worksheets done, sight word cards made and used, playing Yahtzee, making leprechaun bracelets and all sorts of other fun things we headed to her house to have cupcakes. While they were there I opted to go to the store and find some other workbooks and drop recycles off at the recycle place... in front of their school. Teachers are there... kids are home... no one answers the phone at the school... teachers are there.

Since they cannot answer the phone and help me with this computer curriculum...  Okay moving on. The puppies went to the property on Monday with us. Not willingly but they went. Now every time I leave they try to run out the front door. So maybe I will take them again tomorrow. I have not arranged a sitter yet so I may have too.

There is so much that needs doing at both houses and I feel torn. There are also decisions to be made about what happens if they do go back to school on the 30th. Do I rebel and continue to use the curriculum at home? Or do I give in and play the puppet? This is the first time in quite awhile that #10 actually ate at all 3 meals, and did copy work, played board games and generally acted like she wanted to learn. Tough choices ahead for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow