All that glitters... includes rain and mud puddles

As the day progressed today I was willing to throw the towel in and call it quits on homeschooling. The youngest fought tooth and nail to not do her workbook at all! No coloring either! No way was she doing any schoolwork without a trip to the store for a toy! Shouts of "you promised" could be heard resonating with each refusal.  For the record I did not even agree, much less promise! This child is one who repeats what she wants to happen with enough enthusiasm to convince herself that it must be going to happen. Therefore hoping to convince me that I promised.

Today was recycle day also, so I was going to town just to empty those out of the van if nothing else. Both girls have been on overdrive all day. We did finally get the workbooks done although it left me emotionally exhausted and not feeling very "parenty". As I sit to type this I have a whining dog at my feet. It never ends some days.

With the recycles out of the car and the kiddos dropped off to my daughter for a few precious minutes alone I found myself with time to listen to the news on the car radio. I can honestly say that I have not done that in weeks or watched it on television either. Listening to the latest school closures for Covid reassures me that I may as well be consistent and keep up with homeschooling. Starting over after a couple of weeks of in-person schooling would be worse for me I think.

The youngest is still fighting bedtime with one ailment after another. I am pretty sure she can summon a stuffy nose out of thin air and barking cough to accompany it. Although stomping in cold mud puddles today may have contributed...


Some nights I just have to give in and go to bed with them to hope that I am going to win the war if not the battle.
With that said I bid you good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow