Change the calendar

 Two days left in September and we are still working on nouns and pronouns. I thought we might move faster but it isn't happening. Writing seems to be a chore that none of the kiddos enjoy. I've tried different avenues but without much success. I remember neighbors from my childhood forcing their kids to write the same sentence 100 times. I felt bad for those kids. In the long run it only made them bitter about school, but their handwriting was really good!

I need to unpack my adjectives... some days I really, really miss the free babysitters! Heck I miss the paid babysitters!  Life goes on and the trade off is worth it in the long run. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

The youngest has been up for a while now this morning and very excited. Although not excited enough to work on workbooks or the computer. I purchased two Tab A tablets, one for each girl to do schoolwork on but it seems I gave one a password and I cannot remember it. Now I cannot even find the tablets. When I do I will have to figure out how to get into it. All school related stuff is supposed to be in this bedroom... but the best laid plans.

This was the moon setting this morning when the youngest arose, just in time to light the sun. I think if I am to have quiet time I might have to get the upstairs or the basement finished enough to work in. She wants to go with me to drop the recycles. I might do that and take her to the Bx or to my daughter's home while I go there.  

Good morning, it is the last day of September and my list from yesterday is not quite finished. I did get the recycles done and a new impeller ordered for the washer. I did not get to the Bx, nor did we get all that much done in the workbooks. We did get a layer of plastic laid in the big pool frame. Today we can try to get the liner in place and empty the smaller pool into the larger pool. 





This is an attempt to save some of the water for next spring. Hopefully, it will work and take some of the load off the well for next year. It has worked in the past so I have no reason not to try it again. Moving on I finished the rectangles for the youngest kid's slippers and one is larger than the other.  So now I need her foot to see which is the correct one. The fun of making things, mismatched swatches...UGH! 

The smoke is thicker in the air this morning and it is still quite chilly out. I did not cover my plants last night, now I am hoping I don't regret it. The girls are up and already playing on devices so this post will be short. 

This week I will learn to make sourdough bread. That is my new thing to learn. Of course that will be mixed in somewhere between cleaning, workbooks and looking for apples to can for winter. I still need apple butter. I also need to set up my winter garden plan for the window wells in the basement. I am hoping they work like a cold frame for cabbage and broccoli, maybe even sprouts!

Great now that I have said that it reminds me that there is a chicken house to build, a greenhouse to repair or replace, a barn to finish, a shed to empty of toys the kids have outgrown that I didn't even know survived the fire, and tons of other things that need attention... not to mention the fence. Here is a view of the fence from inside the big pool...


Looks a bit small from that distance. Well, I better get busy before the day slips away and I am sad that I wasted it. When I get the sourdough done I will post pictures. Baking bread is relaxing for me. Not time to relax yet!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow