lost and found

 The mystery of the car key was solved at 0300 February 1st. Now to make a permanent place to store the key while not in my possession. The trouble with this is that I have help. My help comes in the form of a young helper and an older helper. With that I have decided that I am discontented with this house. I will continue to try and make the best of it, but I am discouraged with the state of things. Part of this is because I have been up since 0200 this morning. Not because of sickness, just noise and being a light sleeper.

The kids have been out of school since last week. We have accomplished very little schooling in the time they have been off. Learning has occurred though not in the traditional way. I think we are going to play scrabble latter this evening. That is at least spelling words. Homeschooling would not work with SIL being in the midst of my day.

I have a nine-year-old and a sixty-two-year-old that is acting like a nine-year-old. I can hardly get anything done for answering one or the other. The real nine-year-old is enjoying the attention even though it is not positive attention, that she gets from seeing the other party a bit frantic. I think I am losing my grip on reality today. As every time I try to sit down and do anything one or the other must have my attention. Therefore, it must be me that is going crazy!

Tonight, dinner was orange chicken with stir fry veggies. It was okay but could have been sweeter in my opinion.



Finished food
 
SIL is pacing the floor, sundowner's is setting in. It is very repetitive. In fact, too repetitive at times. She is sure that something wrong, all the time. Something is wrong. Her inability to function without constant reassurance really takes away from the time I get to spend with the kids.

The school a snow day for today. As of late last night, there were flurries. With 5-10 expected we decided that instead of my daughter trying to trek all the way out here with the kiddos that DH would go into town and care for the kids at their house. This is an attempt to get the youngest one to be okay with Papa. At two years old she still will not let him come near her if mommy or daddy or gramma is around.
The amount of snow before going to bed

Not an impressive amount of snow, but the school is in town, and they did get a bit more than we did. More snow did fall overnight. 
About two inches total

With the day ahead of us and just the immediate family home, I am hoping for a low-key day. As I wait for everyone to get up for the day, I heard the ground hog saw his shadow. Big surprise? Not really, I mean, spring is always winter for us. It is when we get the bulk of our good snow.  Hopefully, this year will be good and snowy this spring. 

I need to make chocolate syrup so I will close for today. Have a great snowy day if you get some to enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow