Week 46 starting!

 This has been a busy week so far. I looked at two more places for SIL, struggled with even placing her somewhere, and recruited my DIL to come stay with me for a month while I get everything in order. Having her here would help, I think anyway. DH disagrees, what's new? He is under the impression that you decide on placement, pick a place and move her in, done. I tried to explain that it does not happen that quickly and there are tons of forms to fill out and things that have to be done and doctors' orders to get. Most of all the POA must cooperate! Or be replaced.

I am about ready to put DH out in the cold snow this morning! His sense of responsibility to his sister is not good.  "Good!! I hope she got cold" was his response. I don't get that for sure. Doesn't even seem to bother him. I cannot fathom treating anyone that way. Well, on with the day. SIL is up again for the day, I am sure.  The weirdest questions are being asked of me in relation to this event. How cold did the house get? Why did she leave? Was the door open the whole time she was out? Call me crazy, but it seems there are more pertinent questions to ask. 

I can only hope he doesn't treat me that way should the occasion arise. Well time to give pills, she wants to wash her hands in the kitchen sink only and will only use paper towels to dry them... I find that strange. If you just went to the bathroom, wouldn't you want to wash before you leave the restroom? Again, on with the day! 

It is now Sunday and Saturday is a blur. Mostly because it started so early and went on so long with no chance of a nap for me. I did get a break by going to the commissary. An expensive one, but at least I got away for a bit. I can remember when staying up like that was no big deal. It is a big deal now. The men's breakfast group can be a good thing, I am pretty sure they are the reason that he came home and said, if you have anywhere you need to go, I'll stay and take care of things. I did not even think to hesitate. I left and as I did SIL asked if she could come, I said a quick not this time.

Me leaving always comes with a price but I knew it was a price I had to pay. He even said take your time! I was gone 1 hour and 17 minutes when I noticed a text. Are you ok? Why do we have these stupid phones if we cannot connect to each other's phone?!? Hello??? I had been in the commissary and there is no service inside the building. Okay that is not entirely true, at the front near the registers you can get signal. That is where I was when I noticed the text. Oops! It was crowded and I needed to continue to move so I couldn't get the return text to go. 

The shelves were pretty bare in the cracker, cookie aisle. Luckily, I can make those! A woman about my age, was frustrated that there were no saltines, at all. I asked if she would like a recipe. She asked if it was difficult, and I rattled it off to her. She said that sounds pretty simple maybe I should try it. She then gave me her number to text it to her. I did, of course it did not leave my phone until I left the commissary. Nor did the text to DH. I felt her frustration when I was in the aisle with gelatin. the only available brand was Jell-O. I prefer the Royal brand. There was no longer even a shelf tag for that brand.

It seems that in most stores the brand selection has become very limited and that was way before the pandemic. I do not get all of my list at any one store. Part of the fun of being out is looking for the best buy and not just getting things to get them. With our new family addition, I have had to change that and get things at whatever store and price was at hand. So, getting to go out alone was a real treat! And getting to go where I needed was icing on the cake. To my surprise they had paper bags at the commissary! YAY! I really like them better than the plastic bags.

You know, I have decided it is a good thing I do not write for a living as the interruptions to my blogging are unending. I failed to teach my family that I have needs too. Silly me, how could I even think that I need time or rest or quiet?

On a different note, after the event on Friday night I went out to look at the footprints in the snow that SIL had made. I was surprised at the amount of ground they covered. She indeed tried to get into every car that was near the house. It leads me to believe that she was out there longer than I originally thought. Perhaps while she rests this morning, I will be able to get some of the needed paperwork done for her admission. The following pictures are of her trek through the snow.

Out to the north

 back to the south

southwest angle

Looking more to the west

Pike's peak in the distance

looking to the northwest

north end of house as she heads to the east

just like old times

she heads to the east and then back

Well, that is it for this morning and the beginning of week 46, countdown to something good I hope!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow