College or bust... or maybe dorm room life and crying

 It is Sunday. Why I thought trying to sleep in would work is not just beyond me, it is downright crazy thoughts! Last night was not a good one for sleep. It may have been because I did not put the dogs into their kennels, and I also left the north door on the chicken house open. Or just the stress of the day catching up to me. When 0530 hit the dogs beckoned for me to get up. The doggie door was open for them to run out of, so why did I need to be up? They are needy that's why!

I got up, they all started barking like crazy just as they do when I am releasing them from the kennels. After they ran out the doggie door, I closed it just like I would normally do. After a few minutes i let them in and laid down on the couch. The day progressed without me, sort of anyway, the kids asked for chocolate milk and food every 5-10 minutes. I responded with just give me a few more minutes to sleep in. At 0700 my daughter called from the giant tiny home she bought. She wanted to know if I wanted to go with her to get her college bound kiddo a new bike to ride to places since she wasn't going to give her the civic.

Not giving the car has been a tough choice for them to make. The original plan was that the car would be hers to use while they were traveling. She seems okay with having a bike to ride. Bus passes are free for college kids, and I'll be able to pick her up on the weekends. I think the reality of giving up their only car to a college kid who, let's face it won't even drive on my dirt roads, much less in the wild city streets around here, finally hit them as a bad idea. Or perhaps they both remember being 17. Either way it is probably a wise choice.

They did just get it back from the repair shop after having a deer hit them in Wyoming. They would not have been there except that they were helping me by moving the last of SIL's furniture out of the house she sold. I digress, I thought I would get to sleep in a bit and as much as that can happen for me, it did. Today the kid moves into the college dorm. School starts next week for her. I think moving in early is a good idea, gives her time to freak out before class starts. We are having a little bon voyage party this afternoon so that is why mom wanted me to go with her to get the kid a bike.

I felt bad for the animals today as I didn't get them out of the chicken house until after 7am. But leaving that north door open did give them plenty of fresh cooler air. They were okay. That is a good thing I don't think I could handle animal death guilt right now. Now that church is over and the "go away to college" party has ended, I can start laundry and get ready for my week.

12-year-old daughter vs 16-year-old grandson

10-year-old debating the selection of treats

40-year-old daughter with 12-year-old

son-in-law and granddaughter

It may have been the first time I have ever been to a family gathering in a fifth wheel home and yet there was plenty of room for everyone! As I walked home from the tiny house on wheels, I appreciated that it was a very short walk!

The kids had been running back and forth between the main house and the tiny house making snow cones for themselves. What I didn't realize was that they were leaving the ice on the counter between trips.
The cup inside the ice shaver

The ice waiting and waiting

I did not get a picture of the college girl on her new bicycle, but she was thrilled with it. Now back to my real life
Turkeys and chickens 

rabbits

and ducks oh my! 

Have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow