Oh boy! Where were we?

 Rain again and no letup in the tasks to be done. I went into work, and I was expecting an in-service on dementia not one on company value and employment happiness. It was interesting, I am glad I was paid for sitting through it. It was called "Happiness 101". The culture there is different from my other two jobs. I won't disclose in what way. The DRS is a bit pushy and hyper. She wasn't satisfied that I couldn't commit to the schedule she envisioned. Even after I explained that PRN means I check with you, or you check with me if you have needs either on a weekly basis or a daily basis. Her idea was for me to give her my availability and she would just fill me in where she needed me. I can see how that would benefit her, but my life is too unpredictable for that.

One of my favorite weeds 

We settled on a few days next week and hopefully that will work for both of us. At least until I find my planner. I left work and ran over to the other job to sign paperwork for SIL. I still feel the bigger place is not as golden as it first appeared when it comes to care for SIL. The building itself is beautiful and big! Too big though. She seems to be thriving in a smaller setting. The building isn't the newest, but it is cozy.

I will be spending the month of August deciding on which building I want to be my main employment. This means I need to pick up an even, or as close to even number of shifts as I can at each. Most of the places that I have worked have some good points about them. Some have more than others. It was nice to only drive to the edge of town for work. Then after work though, I still had to drive to the other building just to take care of something.

The atmosphere is so much more pleasant! There is only one nurse that seems negative so far. Time will tell. Maybe because I know the ED and her family. I took care of her mother and stepdad and her daughter worked under me until she went to college. Every one of them has a positive attitude. Happiness 101 could use a little of their contagious smiles. The ED is also used to my warped sense of humor, that makes things easier for me.

Explanation coming 

The Fall Bible studies have kicked off and the Men's study was a potluck. DH wanted to take chili but settled for ham and bean soup with cornbread on the side. Luckily, the above picture is a fast-cooking device for dry beans! The women haven't had a potluck yet, not that I get to go, I am just whining. 

I am off today so my running around for errands will be today. My grocery list is very short this week I am trying to empty the freezer a bit. I also have a young one that already is wanting a day off of school. She is trying the sore throat routine. It might work, I am on the fence on this one. She really does have a bad cough and she isn't complaining about school at all. It might be real. My to do list is not like my grocery list, it is much longer and there isn't room for shenanigans today.
The morning sky is that color again...


The ducklings are getting so big! They are now wandering outside of the safe pen with the other ducks. Hoping for feathers soon as it will be getting cold in the next few months.
On the outside of the safe pen 

Well it is time to get the day rolling! Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow