Pediatric visits one day, geriatric the next

 The first long trip in the motorhome was fun and enlightening. At the time it was occurring I was a nervous wreck. We were about 15 miles from home when the first challenge happened. Oh well, today is another day and the beginning of week 35 in our countdown to the next year.

This week was filled with appointments! It was a week where, due to pressure from a supervisor I signed up for shifts blindly. Without a calendar in hand that is. Only one of the 5 shifts did not have a conflicting appointment, until I asked for refills on a child's medication. Then an opening in the pediatrician's schedule occurred on the one day I really had available to work. Luckily that day was a 4-hour shift, and the appointment was 3 hours after I should have been off. It didn't work that way. I ended up having to leave the shift without charting and then I was cancelled for my next shift.

Friday was a trip to the VA for an evaluation. Did we have everything we needed? No, in our defense what was requested we brought. They did not request documents in paper form, we had electronic. She did give me a day or so to get the paper documents, on Friday evening, at 3pm the weekend before a holiday, at least it was not the holiday weekend.

We are planning our next little trip. Or at least trying to. I am torn between going to visit my sister in Oklahoma and a dear friend in Abilene, Kansas. Either way I need dog care to go, so I am working on that in the next week. On Monday some of the farm animals are going to go to the auction. I have tried to list them on Craig's list and Marketplace. My technical skills are very limited, and I have been largely unsuccessful.

On Saturday it was a typical morning for us. Men's breakfast at the church, low tires on a car, dead batteries in another car, and DH leaving car doors open... specifically the minivan door. My daughter came over from her tiny home parked in the yard and let me know that my car was full of chickens. Apparently as DH was trying to figure out which car to take, he left a door open and forgot about it. I let the chickens and other animals out of the barn between 0500 and 0600. So, they had from that time until I came out to investigate to "play" in the car.

When I went out it seemed they had all gone on their way. I headed to the neighbor's house to pick up some scraps she had for the chickens. As I opened the tailgate area, I shared the story about the chickens, and she mentioned she was low on eggs. This is the same neighbor that I visited with a chicken hiding in my bumper. Of course, there in the cargo area was a chicken. I picked her up and shared that while I do have some eggs, they are all brown eggs. This neighbor only likes white eggs. As I shared that information my chicken laid an egg that dropped to the ground and of course broke. We laughed quite hard, and I was thankful I had a witness! We both agreed that I should hurry home before the chicken got loose and caused us to have to chase her like the last one did.




I really should have taken a picture of her in the tailgate area and the broken egg on the ground. With I will close and get ready for my week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow