Now what?

Well it is Saturday and I am done with shopping for all but two of the local grandkids the oldest of the two is 17 and the last one is 14 gonna be 15 three days after Christmas. Next comes wrapping the bought gifts and finishing the homemade gifts... And finding someone to stand guard over the tree so nothing is opened lol! I actually found one of the things that DGS asked for online so I ordered it and I shall put some die-cast cars that he pointed out at king soopers in with it.

This year we, meaning my daughter and I, had decided that Gramma and Gramps were getting one thing for each kid and only the small children would exchange gifts this year.  After all the grown kids have everything under the sun they could possibly need and most of what they want. Then our goal is to make January a NO-spend month.

I had wanted to make each of the grandkids an afghan for Christmas this year but I think I will start on that this January and begin with yarn I have on hand. That should keep gramma out of Wal-mart!

Back in October there had been a discussion and some action on refinancing the house but be that as it may we backed out.  The screener had said it could be done without an appraisal but when the final documents arrived there was an authorization agreement to have an appraisal done... that was the end of that. Time to get really serious and sell whatever isn't nailed down lol!

So a budget is imperative and a second job might be as well. I have been perusing other blogs and trying to gleen ideas for extra income... obviously blogging isn't one of them unless of course there is money in procrastinating!

Last night we had pizza night and as I made the dough I thought first about how the night before I had spent 18+ dollars on three take out pizzas for my daughter's house... we were going there to make ornaments and wait for the two year old's mom to get done at work.  That was such awful pizza compared to homemade this is not last Night's pizza but I did make the same kind minus the chicken and plus some sliced turkey
when I was making the dough I remembered that I had not cooked any chicken for pizza that made me decide to try using sliced turkey lunch meat... it was good but I do prefer the chicken breast.  WalMart now carries non-GMO flour so of course I bought a 25 lb bag got it home and realized it is whole wheat.. not a bad thing just not my usual purchase.  So I have been incorporating a whole lot more whole wheat into our diets... and the kids like it! It makes such a wonderful crust for pizza .. at least to me it is wonderful!
This is my favorite crust recipe.... at least this year!
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon yeast or one packet
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
 
Place warm water and sugar in mixer bowl stir in yeast to dissolve, let rest five minutes or so
 Then stir in the oil ,salt and flour ( I use two cups all purpose flour and one cup whole wheat),
 I let my kitchen aid mixer do the hard work but before it gets too cool I turn it out on to a floured surface and hand knead it really well then let it rise until double in a nice warm spot... Yum!!!!
This recipe is out the Miserly Moms cookbook by Joanie McCoy I don't have to ISBN with me but you can easily find it on Ebay, and they sell it at the Bx on some posts.. Ft Carson for sure.
Now that I say it is from Miserly moms it may be from Miserly Meals by the same author.... I will check that and clarify it in my next post
Well thanks for stopping by to read this I shall get on with my day and make a paper list of what I need... 'cause January is coming!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow