Chocolate Syrup recipe and two really good books

A few posts back I said I would post a picture of two of my favorite books both by Jonni McCoy well here they are


These two books are so full of helpful information and some of the best recipes! I know you can find them on eBay and there are newer editions out there but I am partial to the editions I have. This is where the chocolate syrup recipe that I am going to share with you comes from currently Hershey chocolate syrup is $2.00 a bottle at the commissary. I can't speak for Wal-Mart as I have not looked for it there. But as a rule the commissary is a bit cheaper than Wal-Mart on name brand products. Well here goes....

Chocolate Syrup

2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
Stir these together in a heavy bottomed sauce pan to combine and get rid of any lumps in the cocoa
Stir 1 cup cold water, mixing well, add 1/4 teaspoon salt
Bring ingredients just to a boil over medium heat then take off stove and allow to cool. Once cool stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla. Place in a container suitable for the refrigerator, use as you would Hershey syrup. Enjoy!








I hope you find this recipe both easy and worth the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow