A day of rest....

 It should be a day of rest, however things were needed from the store. Distilled water for the C-Pap and a universal remote for the three televisions that are missing their remotes. Of course now that the purchase has been made the remotes will appear.

We also needed duct tape as we are making Barbie furniture for the dollhouse tonight. It is a challenge in being creative. I have to start and they have to make something too. I searched for a piece of wood in the yard to make a couch. Coming up empty I switched to focusing on our recycle materials.

My older daughter suggested taking plastic soda bottles and creating "70's" style chairs so that is where we will start.

Well after church all the kids got a soda treat. Just so Barbie could have some chairs.
First I cut the chair shape.

Sadly the step by step pictures are too blurry. Duct tape is the upholstery cover. With so many patterns to chose from it was hard to pick just one! 
A couple of plastic grocery bags are bunched up and covered with duct tape to create the seat of the chair and I'm done!

By the end of last night, there were two chairs and a table. This morning my daughter, while dropping off the kiddos, remarked "we have extra Barbie doll house furniture we can share". Okay the whole experience is to get the kids to be creative with things that can be used more than once and how.

This is the perfectionist daughter. Nothing less than that will do. No glue balloons, no mud on their clothes, no paints unless you stay in the lines.... no fun. I am not sure how she became my daughter. I think there must have been some kind of switch at the hospital.

After she left, the older granddaughter asked if I would please make her some furniture for her house too... Well after they do their unicorn nightlight project today they will make their own furniture.
there will probably be a large mess to clean up afterwards.



As long as I keep my distance we will be ok! Currently she is playing in a box that hasn't been unpacked from the move just yet. Yes she is chewing on the side of a Binky. She does not use one like most chidren do... it is a chew toy. which reminds me I made her a piece of chewlery this weekend. I will give it to her.


To say she was unimpressed would be an understatement. Her older sister wanted to know where hers is.


There is finally silence on the frontline.

Just in time for the biggers to come out of the bedroom and tell me they have made a slide out of the bunk beds. What can I say... I did ask for creativity today.
Nap is over... Marker anyone?

Mom will love this!

Yeah she will!

Makes for good lipstick!

Mom can't really complain as we were playing a math game and including the baby. Can she?
Math yatze!

Math Bingo!

And Baby art!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow