It's Saturday! and baby day again...

It started as a screaming morning again... but baby settled down and as long as I don't get caught looking at her it is okay. She is clinging to her sister and my girls. I am not sure what I have ever done to this little girl... but it must have been awful!

Breakfast is over and the dogs are very happy baby is here! She shares! Okay, now here is a question.. If the dogs lick the highchair clean should I tell the mom or let it go? I sometimes feel like what happens at Gramma's should stay at Gramma's. Then I feel guilty not telling her mom things that happen. No matter how small, just because if I don't say anything she will say something like "okay, you are hiding something".

Take for instance this harmless glue balloon.

We made these yesterday.

I failed to mention, on purpose, that the little darling pictured above, broke hers on her lap. Although it contained less than 4 ounces of white school glue, when it burst it looked more like a full gallon! Mom had just called to say she was on her way.

We quickly changed her clothing, wiped the carpet and put the clothes on the hamper in the bathroom. Whew! That was a close one! Mom pulled up within 10 minutes. All was well, until... she had to use the bathroom. When she came out and asked the said child "what is all this white stuff on your clothes?!?!" The gig was up. It was more of  a hysterical statement rather than just a statement.

I did tell her it was washable glue and she could put in the washer at home and it would be fine. She exclaimed in a not very soft voice "not in my washer"! In all fairness I did buy her that washer and dryer set when they moved into their new house after our fire. While I appreciate that she wants to take care of it, I did pay for it. A little glue is not going to hurt it! Her kids are never going to have just plain messy fun.

In my haste to clean her up before her mom arrived I failed to take pictures of the epic event! It was funny! It was funnier that I panicked over the mess. This is my house afterall, so it should be my rules. Sad that I missed a Kodak moment.

Needless to say I am washing the clothing this morning. In my much newer than hers, washer that is well abused already. The girls are playing Barbie and the baby is sitting in the middle of them and the doll house, but at least she is not crying.

In other news, yesterday we made snow volcanoes and that was colorful! We also did spin art and played several rounds of Ship, Captain, Crew.
After the eruptions!

Colorful snow to play in!

Pre-volcano build.

Volcano base all ready for fun!

Once the girls built their volcano (each one needed help shaping a hill) They then poured the vinegar in and squealed as it foamed up and colored the snow. Unfortunately, I videoed it on Marco polo and cannot get to it now.

The spin art was just as messy and just as fun!
These were at the Dollar Tree

The 7 year-old talked me into buying them for sleepover night. Our movie and other play pushed it to the next day.


The art created by each girl.


Other things we created were squishy balloons filled with flour, which also broke the same day. One fourth of a cup of flour makes just as big a mess as glue! We also filled a balloon with beads.
The kids said that these looked like a cactus.

Well the dad just called and he is on his way to pick both kiddos up. Not by choice, but because I required it. If I have to bond with baby, so does he! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow