One Long Day

 Today was a very long day. I knew it would be sort of long but not near as long as it turned out to be. Four appointments and a trip to the Bx and Commissary and we are now couch damaged at both ends. These dogs have separation anxiety or something. Maybe it's just real taste for furniture. But I do know after today they will never get to be left in the house without being kenneled again.

That would be the stuffing from the arm of the couch on the opposite end of the previous damage. Plus they gnawed just a little more on the first end just to keep it even I'm sure.

It was foolish to think we wouldn't be gone that long. There I go again, thinking. Unfortunately we were rushed again this morning trying to get everyone out the door to make appointments on time. Even when I give time checks and directions if everyone has to go, it is a mad rush to get out of the house and not let a dog escape in the process. If I had not been rushed I might have thought to put the dogs in the kennel. 

Once I build their dog house I will just leave them outside. On that subject, I found a source for my materials! Hopefully I will get to pick them up this weekend and get it started next week! YAY!

Is it weird that I feel bad for the dogs when they miss us so much? The little dogs do okay it is the newer, big dogs that cannot handle being alone for any extended period of time. We really have minimal furniture for them to eat. If they finish off the couch... all that will be left is a chair.

Well it is late and they seem to be settled for the most part so I think I will make the kiddos go to bed and hit the hay myself. So good night blog world and others.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow