As the stomach turns.....

Confrontation doesn't come easy to this writer... ever! But even more so if someone is going to get hurt. Really, who likes to hurt anyone? I remember going to MEPS in Memphis and the doctor on duty was someone whom I had worked with in the community. He asked me why I was going to go back to active duty... I replied that I wanted too. Simple as that. He then asked if anyone had ever told me there was anything wrong with my heart. I mentioned that it had been broke a time or two but nothing more than that and he passed me.

I bring this up because the army is where I had to learn to deal with confrontation, it wouldn't go away if I didn't. Over the years I got better at it. In the last two weeks though, it would be hard to tell. I couldn't confront the aggressor. Although in hindsight I really didn't know what the situation was. The less you tell people the less they know. When the witnesses die where is the evidence? Is there an offense if there is no evidence?
I mean really, if I steal this sunflower and it dies is it a crime? What if I hide the seeds?

Well enough about that. Today is meet your teacher day and the now 9yo gets to meet hers at 0930. The 7yo does not have a set time because we missed her phone call. Hopefully they can meet up with her while they are there this morning. I don't get to go because I have an important phone call at 0900. I don't care for important phone calls. I like unimportant phone calls they are more fun!

Also, this is just another example of the job interfering with the fun things in raising kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow