It is the last Saturday... before I'm Unemployed!

Morning came early but I pushed back and said I am sleeping in! Didn't do me a whole lotta good but I stayed in bed until 0605. So perhaps that is a win! The swamp cooler is leaking water down to the foundation and I am not sure why. So I am going to cut off the supply and hope no one else turns the cooler on or at least not the pump for a while.

Today is really sunny and not too hot yet so pulling weeds might be fun... okay necessary is a better word. Doesn't illicit that warm fuzzy feeling though.  Have I ever mentioned that procrastination is a problem for me? It is so I mixed up a batch of pancake mix because we used almost all the last batch.  (That keeps me from doing other tasks that are less desirable). Think I'll make some gravy mix next. Or homemade Bisquick… hmm tough choice. Too much thinking required for this right now. I will make the salad for tonight and give it a rest. (Tortilla mix won over the other two!)

The salad was pretty good. Can't say I'd make it again as I was the only one who liked it. But it was good it might even be better with leftover chicken in it! Hmmm... Have to think about doing that later. So my last Saturday off before the first Saturday unemployed was not very productive. Hope it is not a sign of the future or maybe it will be a good sign. Not every day has to be packed to the gills with things going on. However, necessities need to get done.

When I headed back into work to do the tasks that only a nurse can do, I took the salad with me to share. One of the CNA's was eager to learn how to check for tube placement. I enjoy that part of my job.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow