Wednesday into Friday... What?! It's Sunday?!?!

 Last night was a rough one getting SIL to bed and getting back home. All this came after a busy day and a trip to the surgeon for a follow-up on my knee. SIL kept getting back out of bed and that wasn't all that helpful. On Thursday I spent 5 hours at Fort Carson's EACH.

shorts and winter boots

wondering what all this costs to replace

WHAT?! I can't touch?!?!

By the time I returned home in the heat with no air conditioning I was exhausted! I attempted a short nap and twisted my knee, of course it was the surgical site. I ended up not going to help Kim get into bed that night. On top of that I cancelled her lab appointment this morning. Just wasn't feeling the fun of all of it.


It is now Saturday, and a little progress has been made. The living room is rearranged, again, eventually I will find the right set-up and it will stay that way for more than a month. Tonight, I go to put SIL into bed and start my 7 day a week support of her. With the granddaughter testing positive for the big "C" I am not sure when she will be available to help again.

Time to get busy on the rest of the house as far as organizing the rooms. I have had many interruptions in my tasks. I cannot blame everyone else, but I would like to! Little progress was made yesterday and when I went to visit SIL boy did I get a shock!

Earlier in the day the med person had told me that her left hand was a bit swollen and that she had a bruise. I am ot sure the description that I was given over the phone did any justice to the situation.



When I arrived to get her meds and get her ready for bedtime, I was shocked at the amount of bruising there was. It was too late to hit the urgent care and she seemed too tired to really endure an evening at the local ER. So, I let the staff know we would take her the next day to urgent care. It is the next day. I am still not understanding, why when there was a nurse on duty, did she not call and say this looks bad. Why did the staff member get told to do an incident report, but the nurse did not call the family?

Tonight, I tucked her in and tried to make her comfortable. As I left the building, I noticed that I had missed a call from the nurse... more to follow in another post.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow