Finally Friday

 


What a crazy week! Several scheduled appointments never made the calendar which made the day "rushed". Skating was fun, Bowling did not happen this week. The kids are already bored, too funny! Well, not really as that makes cooperation for anything else less likely. Today is the orthodontist in about an hour. Yesterday was an appointment with the stucco guy for an estimate on the Leotie Street house. We had one done when we bought it but that one is expired. Today is foggy and cold.

Yesterday, I had planned to go get SIL's meds from the pharmacy right after the stucco estimate, spend some time visiting and return home by noon. Meds were not ready. No store had milk. I debated on my options and decided to go visit anyway and see what she was low on. It turned into a 3.5 hour visit with me discovering things going on that I'd rather not know about. That said she is remaining in care until a better option can be located.

We are back from the orthodontist and all reports are good! The grand child and the youngest are sparring, it is not fun for me. Lunch is served and it has warmed up enough in the kiddos minds to go in the pool... so be it. It gives me 15 minutes to do something before frostbite sets in and ruins the moment. Not only that it builds character and drive so when they are older, they might pursue admission to the "polar bear" club. It also will teach them strength to fight their health insurance for the cost of any hospitalizations for pneumonia cases they develop from joining this elite club.

Pool time is over due to thunder and lightning. Hot chicken noodle soup is requested. Frostbite was not achieved. Not much was accomplished today, lack of sleep won, and I took a 20-minute nap while the chicken for the soup cooked. I really like the pressure cooker for these kinds of requests.




Yesterday while looking for milk, I had to run to the bathroom, and this is where this mini-Walmart keeps their school supplies. Leaving the restroom I took pictures, why you might ask? These are "rollback" prices. These are higher than last year's prices I thought I might compare them to the "back to school" prices that should come out within a month. Should be interesting.

I shall close for today and get ready to take the grand kid back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow