Brave new world

 With my daughter and her family moving back home after selling their home, it has been a bit more chaotic. The grandkids are teens now, not toddlers. I have always said that each age of growth and development had something to enjoy. Now these two teens are having a time processing that they are without their home. Our house is half the size it was when they lived here before, and that makes it even cozier. My own kids grew up moving every year or so, these two kids have moved a total of 3 times counting moving here now. They are visibly traumatized. 

The oldest trying to walk the dog and the cat

Mom and Dad took 14 days to tour some states, mainly Alabama for their next home, they found nothing and came back with an idea to buy an RV and travel a bit while they look. Talk about drama, if you could see how the 17-year-old was coping you would think the toddler had moved back home. She is terrified they are going to live in a camper for the rest of their lives! I did explain that while her folks say they want to take a year to explore, I give them 6 weeks tops. That soothed her a little but not enough to stop the tears. 

Today they went RV hunting

Sticker shock

Last night the whole family stayed in the 24' trailer that we purchased to live in when our house burned to the ground. It was too cozy then and these kids are twice the size ours were when we purchased it. We never did spend the night in it. Other people have just not us. I know I have often thought about going tiny. The reality is I won't.

Today the youngest and I went to a neuropsychology place for the plan of testing. She was resistive to going. Even to the point of writing me notes in the office to please leave and take her home.

She was very nervous

When the visit was over, she could hardly contain her joy at how nice the doctor lady was. She commandeered my phone for the hour ride home to include the parking in traffic portion.

This is in the tiny town of Fountain!

There was much to do today and two trips to town to get it done. I guess that is better than three. Tonight, the tank tables are sounding off or the thunder is getting louder, one or the other. The prodigal parents are on the move again tomorrow heading to Tennessee. They have located what appears to be a nice piece of land with a double wide on it. I am excited for them. They are taking the kids and possibly the dog on this trip. I think the oldest kid is relieved to be going.

When they return there will be more running and possibly a trip to Montana after the court date. Of course, then the whole enchilada of relief once the big day is over. For now, I am exhausted from another day of running without my feet touching the ground. Someday soon I am going to pull out my popsicle molds and make fudgesicles! Not today though.

Good night, Blog world.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow