Counting Down...

 There are only 3 days left to the final hearing for the adoption of the girls. It has been a long journey and as far as we know this is really it. Although we also thought that in May, and it wasn't. June has been such a busy month and yet it seems to be dragging along at the slowest pace ever. Even our plans for the summer have been moving, well really, they have been at a stand still waiting for this day. I am amazed at how much it affects my whole life. We cannot go on vacation, I cannot send DH to clean the rest of the stuff out of the Montana house, I cannot make permanent plans for SIL. all because I cannot make a thoughtful decision because I am pre-occupied with the distractions of the "final" hearing.

The stress level this month has been off the charts. SIL having challenges in the facility, tweaking my knee, kids out of school, incessant texting from an absent parent, waiting for the closing, finding out someone has cancer, kids moving home after a home sale, and so much more. At times I feel life is surreal. That it is all a "b" rated movie, and I will go home and find the popcorn was burnt and the soda flat. I will then wake up and life will really begin... somewhere in the past.

In the meantime, I will try to figure out how my life will go from this moment on. We have the little mobile home sitting in the driveway, while we get it cleared of things that are in it from the previous owner. My daughter's cats are living in the 9-year-old's room, and I am not sure how long that is going to last. I am currently bringing SIL's laundry home each night and returning the next night. Life is definitely a bowl of cherries right now. You can finish that phrase any way you see fit.

Almost as soon as the hearing is over, we must travel to Montana to clear out the house of furniture and prepare for the closing. Then we decide if we are going to continue to look at other properties or just improve ours and stay put for the time being. There may not be any updates to the blog for a while after this week. If the hearing goes well, I plan to vanish for a few just to let go of all the stress. Perhaps I will go visit family or maybe I'll just sleep. Don't take the silence that may occur as any problem, it will just be the sound of silence.




Maybe I will find some fireworks and celebrate... who knows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow