A slip in time.

 Yesterday, we made up our minds to have a sleep-over, for the adults. DH is out of town, and it is a lot to go across town and drag two kiddos out 6pm and be out until after 9pm. The solution for last night was to bring SIL to the house. Monday night, as I headed out with the youngest to go help her to bed, the youngest tripped and was in pain. The majority of the pain was a result of being overtired and not willing to stay with her cousin while I did the bedtime routine. I thought it best to let the staff handle bedtime.

The end result was a phone call between 3am and 4am from a staff member that could not find a solution to the behavior that was occurring. With me on the phone for the better part of an hour we talked through the frustration that was plaguing both SIL and the staff. That is what prompted the sleep-over. I did honestly believe I could just put her into DH's empty bed, and all would be well. Nope. Solution? The couch. I remembered to bring out extra blankets, and PJ's. Should have brought depends.

Monday was a wasted day because of the early wake-up call. The entire household was up at 0300. I resolved that I would get things organized enough to have a sleep-over. I do have to return her to the care center by 2pm so that she can do PT with the outpatient group that comes to the center. Yes, there have been moments that I think, nope not tonight. But then again, it saves the trip over there, well sort of, I do have to take her for therapy.

We will play it by ear. It is easier to get things done without the obligation of the trip over to the care center. However, it is harder as I do not need the extra help that is offered, eh maybe insisted on is a better word. The kiddos are about to get into the pool. This could be extremely interesting. The pool is not handicap friendly, and although SIL can swim she will more likely sink.

The plan is to leave here about 1pm and drop off the grandkid on the way to the center. With any luck the kids will want to stay and play at her house, and I can leave the other at her apartment and get a few things done while she does PT. Hopefully the couch cushion will dry out enough to bring back into the house and the dogs will not feel an obligation to "clean it up". I washed her clothing that she wore over here and the things that got wet during the night and we should be ready for tonight... if we repeat the adventure.

By repeating the adventure, I mean tonight. I know someday we will repeat it. We need to take things at a slow pace not fully head on for the benefit of everyone. Plus, there is still the "cottage" to renovate for her own space. Perhaps the couch should move out there... it has been "christened".


In the meantime, we must rescue lady bugs from the pool!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow